Connecting sport gear from one active kiwi child to another is at the heart of what we do. Our REPLAY + Schools initiative is a collaboration with ourselves and local Intermediate and Secondary schools, Kiwi kids helping fellow Kiwi kids.
Co-ordinated by a teacher over 1-2 school terms (usually term 2-3), students working towards their community service goals as part of Duke of Edinburgh, William Pike Challenge Award, Lions or Rotary, help oversee the collection of new and used sports gear donated from their school community.
A REPLAY + Schools project consists of the following:
- We will supply a collection bin (black 240l wheelie bin with signage) – we recommend this is located in a safe, monitored location, easily accessed for the dropping off of gear
- Initial then regular communication of the REPLAY + Schools Project to the greater school community (parents, caregivers, staff) outlining how they can help by way of contributing/donating new or used sports gear (communication via newsletter, school App, Facebook page etc).
- Role of the students involved includes regular monitoring of the sports gear being donated, recording & allocating a number to each item. It is estimated 10 minutes 1-2 times weekly is required, this is of course flexible pending the students schedule, we can assist as need be.
- During and/or at the conclusion of collaboration we will uplift all gear and re distribute (students can be involved at this stage also)
- At the conclusion, each student co-ordinating their REPLAY + Schools Project receives a written confirmation of their service (their role, time given) and a REPLAY + Schools Service Certificate. We provide the School with a summary of what and how much gear was donated by their community and where the gear will be distributed to
Please get in touch if you would to have a REPLAY + Schools project at your school, we’d love to hear from you.