We hope the following FAQ assists with how you can get donate your used and new sports gear. We gratefully received a wide variety of gear, we just ask it’s in a re-useable functional condition, ready to go again. Please get in contact with us if you have any further questions.
What gear can I donate?
The following gear, especially sports balls are greatly appreciated. Sports balls enable us to reach kids who just need a ball for use at home, in the weekends and school holidays.
Rugby & touch rugby balls, footballs, netballs, basketballs, shin pads, sprig boots, sneakers, tennis balls and racquets, hockey sticks, balls and shin pads, badminton racquets, cricket bats, balls and pads.
We believe every pre-loved & used piece of sports equipment has it’s own tale to tell. If you would like to share a couple of technical tips, a crazy fun game played with family & friends, a ball or bat that has been handled by some pretty amazing sporting hands, we’d love to hear about it! Please include a note at drop off, we’ll be sure this is passed on and shared with other Kiwi kids
Where can I drop my sports gear to?
Please see below our current bin locations. If you have a large amount of gear we’d be happy to try and collect from you, please get in touch. We also receive items in the post, please see our contact details for our address details.
What gear am I unable to donate?
Unfortunately due to the limitations to receive & re distribute some gear, we are regretfully unable to accept ski/snow gear, roller skates, skateboards, trophies, clothing, golf bags and clubs. If we receive gear we’re unable to re distribute it will be passed on to a local charity.
Can I find out where my donated sports item/s goes?
We reach a number of kids and their families through various channels. Due to privacy we don’t release specific names, details & photos unless the recipient is happy for us to do so.
Permanent Bin Locations
- Sport Manawatu, first floor, 47 Queen Street, Palmerston North
- Sport Manawatu, Dannevirke (Tararua Business Hub) & Pahiatua (Bush Multi Sport Facility)
- Massey University Recreation Centre, Monday-Friday 6.00am-10.00pm, Saturday & Sunday 8.00am-9.00pm, during public holidays 10.00am-4.00pm. For any gear bought in, a complimentary guest pass to the training room or exercise class is available from reception
- Feilding Public Library, Corner Stafford & Bowen Streets, Feilding, Monday-Friday 9am – 6pm, Saturday 9am-4pm
Temporary Bin Locations (REPLAY Teamwork Project) – from 1st May 2018
- Hockey Manawatu, Twin Turfs, Manawaroa Street, Palmerston North
- Westpac – Terrace End
- Four Square, Albert Street, Hokowhitu, Palmerston North
- TRC Toyota , 38 Aorangi Street, Feilding