We hope the following FAQ assists with how you can get donate your used and new sports gear. We gratefully receive a wide variety of gear, we just ask it’s in a re-useable functional condition, ready to go again. Please get in contact with us if you have any further questions.
What gear can I donate?
The following gear, especially sports balls, are greatly appreciated:
Rugby & touch rugby balls, footballs, netballs, basketballs, shin pads, sprig boots, sneakers, tennis balls and racquets, hockey sticks, balls and shin pads, badminton racquets, cricket bats, balls and pads.
We believe every pre-loved & used piece of sports equipment has it’s own tale to tell. If you would like to share a couple of technical tips, a crazy fun game played with family & friends, a ball or bat that has been handled by some pretty amazing sporting hands, we’d love to hear about it! Please include a note at drop off, we’ll be sure this is passed on and shared with other Kiwi kids
Where can I drop my sports gear to?
We currently have 15 collection sites in central Palmerston North, Feilding, Pahiatua, Marton & Whanganui locations. Please see below for our current bin locations. If you have a large amount of gear we’d be happy to try and collect from you, please get in touch. We also receive items in the post, please see our contact details for our address details.
What gear am I unable to donate?
Unfortunately due to the limitations to receive & re distribute some gear, we are regretfully unable to accept ski/snow gear, roller skates, skateboards, trophies, corporate branded clothing, golf bags and clubs. For all bicycles please get in touch as we can advise of some third party options for donation. If we receive gear we’re unable to re distribute it will be passed on to a local charity.
Can I find out where my donated sports item/s goes?
We reach a number of kids and their families through various channels. Due to privacy we don’t release specific names, details & photos unless the recipient is happy for us to do so.
- Sport Manawatu, bin on ground floor, 47 Queen Street, Palmerston North
- Sport Manawatu, Pahiatua (Bush Multi Sport Facility)
- Pita Pit Palmerston North, Terrace End and Cuba Street
- Massey University Recreation Centre, Monday-Friday 6.00am-10.00pm, Saturday & Sunday 8.00am-9.00pm, during public holidays 10.00am-4.00pm. For any gear bought in, a complimentary guest pass to the training room or exercise class is available from reception
- Four Square, 354 Albert Street, Hokowhitu, Palmerston North
- City Fitness, 80 Pitt Street, Palmerston North
- Property Brokers, 240 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North
- TRC Toyota, 38 Aorangi Street, Feilding
- Feilding Public Library, Corner Stafford & Bowen Streets, Feilding, Monday-Friday 9am – 6pm, Saturday 9am-4pm
WHANGANUI / MARTON